HOW DO WE HELP IMPROVE ROAD SAFETY?
EDAM can help riders upskill in these ways:
- For riders who have purchased an IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Course – EDAM Observers deliver the practical observed rides to prepare these IAM RoadSmart Associate members to take their IAM RoadSmart Advanced Motorcycle Test.
- For riders who are considering purchase of an IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Course, or for EDAM members who passed their test a while ago, EDAM can offer a free assessed ride (Go FAR) with an Observer.
- For IAM RoadSmart Full members who have passed their Advanced test, and wish a further challenge, EDAM can offer IAM RoadSmart Masters mentors to help candidates prepare for IAM RoadSmart Masters programme and test.
EDAM also run frequent social group rides, as well as other events to improve road skills and knowledge.
Riders who have passed their IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Test should benefit from reduced insurance premiums, especially if a young or inexperienced rider, because you are less likely to be involved in a road traffic collision.
IAM RoadSmart can also offer other benefits to members.
EDAM members can obtain discounts at some local participating motorcycle dealers – see Twistgrip newsletter for latest offers.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Course costs £149* (plus EDAM Observer fuel contribution)
- 1 year’s membership of IAM RoadSmart
- 1 year’s membership of IAM RoadSmart local group – EDAM
- IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Course notes and logbook
- IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Test
BUY ONLINE AT www.iamroadsmart.com/courses/advanced-rider-course or phone 0300-303-1134.
*As all EDAM Observers are volunteers riding their own bikes, EDAM ask associates for a single £60 contribution towards Observer petrol expenses. EDAM recompense observers for observed rides.
For EDAM associates who are aged 28 or less when joining, EDAM are able to reimburse all costs on the associate passing the IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Test, thanks to EDAM’s benefactor, the late Ms. Alison Laidlaw.
IAM RoadSmart Associates have purchased an IAM RoadSmart course and are preparing to sit their IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider test.
The IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Test is conducted by an independent Examiner, who will be either a serving or retired Police motorcyclist acting for IAM RoadSmart.
IAM RoadSmart Full members have passed their IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Test.
EDAM Observers are trained volunteers, who have completed the IAM RoadSmart Observer training programme, which is overseen by the Institute of Motor Industry ( IMI). They all started as IAM RoadSmart Associates,who now want to help other riders improve their skills.