When riding in a group be aware of other "more progressive" vehicles that may wish to overtake the group and try and allow this without compromising your safety.
Top safety tip videos - Hidden Crossroad
Top safety tips for riding out on group runs.
- Riding defensively makes you less vulnerable.
- Make sure you anticipate the actions of others
- You might be doing everything correct but the car behind might not.
- Always be prepared to sacrifice your position for safety
- If in a group and it is strung out, be aware of cars working their way through
- If the driver behind you is following very closely, when safe to do so, slow down, gradually increasing the gap between you and the vehicle in front to allow him to overtake
- David McCutcheon
See also, a Guide to group riding by Elliot Beattie
Top safety tip videos - Filtering and use of horn.